Haven International Center for Special Education (Haven) was formed in 2011, with a vision to create a self-sustaining special education center in Ghana, and ultimately in West Africa, where Autism is diagnosed and treated. Haven will be a center of excellence for training of families, teachers, paraprofessionals and practitioners.
The mission of Haven International is to provide services that will focus on addressing:
- The lack of adequate resources for individuals with special needs in Ghana.
- The Inadequate number of trained providers (therapy, health, education, social) The proposed mechanisms that may be used to address these concerns include:
- Increasing teacher's training: increasing their effectiveness in identification and education of special needs (individuals with intellectual disabilities); Collaborating with the Ghana Education Service/Ministry of Education/Private Schools.
- Health professional training - Collaboration with the health care teams/ Ministry of Health
- Parent Training - working with existing organizations in Ghana to facilitate parent training program
- Create a resource center that functions as a lending library to support the training and development of individuals with special needs and the providers of these individuals.
Raising is proud to partner with MyGOAL Inc. on the Haven International project through providing therapeutic personnel, educational resources and producing workshops to assist with training parents, teachers and healthcare professionals who work with children who have intellectual disabilities in Ghana.
God's Children's Home Services & Resource Center
God's Children's Home & Resource Center - Dodowa, Ghana, West Africa
God's Children's Home & Resource Center is a Christian-based non-profit organization dedicated to helping orphans and less fortunate children in the Dodowa and Accra areas of Ghana. Their aim is to: feed, clothe, educate, and train the children whereby making them responsible citizens who will contribute to the development of their communities. Additional goal include training in medical awareness/hygiene and in various preventable diseases through education and literature as well as to provide counseling, vocational training, workshops, recreation and entertainment for children in the village.33333
Raising HOPE aims to provide the following contributions to God's Children's Home:
- 1. Raise funds towards obtaining and maintenance of a rental facility for the resource center.
- 2. Raise funds towards school education, vocational training and providing resources for basic self-care training.
- 3. Donate school supplies, toys, and electronics for entertainment annually during the holiday season.